We have been informed that one student at the Timberlane Middle School, one student at Hopewell Elementary, and one student at Toll Gate Grammar School tested positive for COVID-19. These students have been fully remote and did not attend school today. Although these cases don’t have a direct impact on our schools, we want to make sure everyone is aware of the status of cases in our school community.
We appreciate that these individuals followed our district protocols and alerted us to the positive tests. If you are self-quarantining, have tested positive, or self-diagnosing without a test, please contact your school nurse so that we can track the potential impact in our schools. All information is confidential.
Please help protect all of us by monitoring your family members for symptoms.
Students and staff should stay home if:
- They tested positive (viral test) for COVID-19.
- They are awaiting test results (even if there has been a negative rapid test).
- If someone in your household is being tested for COVID-19 due to illness or has COVID-like symptoms (they may return if test results are negative).
- They are exhibiting any COVID-19 compatible symptoms
- They had close contact with a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- They had potential exposure to a person with COVID-19
- They traveled to an area with high levels of COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days
We appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant, but sensible, in your approach to dealing with this health concern.