I am writing to enlist your support as we see a disturbing trend in the most recent COVID-19 cases in Hopewell Valley. Contact tracing data from our recent cases indicate that students have been exposed at house parties, sleep-overs, family gatherings, and/or from failure to follow the 14-day quarantine.
Many of us are feeling “COVID fatigue” and a strong desire to return to a normal school day; however, if we do not follow the guidelines below and those established by the CDC and State, the safety of our students and staff is compromised. Failure to follow our guidelines also hinders our ability to move forward with our return to school planning. We have dedicated a tremendous amount of resources to ensure that we are providing the safest environment possible and the poor decision of one individual can put this work in jeopardy.
I would like to remind you of our screening protocols. Failure to comply with these protocols will result in exclusion from our in-person programs and activities.
- All in-person students must complete the screening form each day prior to coming to school.
- All in-person students and staff must wear a mask on school grounds and when participating in school activities.
- All Students and staff MUST stay home if:
- They have tested positive (viral test) for COVID-19 or are awaiting test results (even if there has been a negative rapid test).
- Someone in their household is being tested for COVID-19 due to illness or has COVID-like symptoms. All siblings in the household who attend HVRSD must stay home (they may return if that person’s test results are negative).
- They are exhibiting any COVID-19 compatible symptoms.
- They have been in contact with a person with COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms in the past 14 days or have had potential exposure to a person with COVID-19.
- They have traveled to an area with high levels of COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days
We require your continued assistance in following the guidelines listed above. For the health and safety of all, we implore you to remain vigilant in your approach to dealing with this public health concern. Your assistance is critical as we seek to keep our schools open and our programs operational. Working together, with strict adherence to these guidelines, we will chart a course toward normalcy for our students and staff.