This evening we were informed that a remote student at CHS has tested positive for COVID19. In this case, the remote student is a member of a winter athletic team*. The team has been notified and is currently quarantining, and additional contact tracing is underway. If you are considered a close contact, you will be contacted by the school or the health department. If any changes to our school program are needed due to extended contact tracing, they will be communicated by Sunday evening.
Please help protect all of us by monitoring your family members for symptoms. Students and staff should stay home if they have:
- Tested positive (viral test) for COVID-19.
- Awaiting test results (even if there has been a negative rapid test).
- If someone in your household is being tested for COVID-19 due to illness or has COVID-like symptoms (they may return if test results are negative).
- Exhibiting any COVID-19 compatible symptoms
- Close contact with a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Potential exposure to a person with COVID-19
- Traveled to an area with high levels of COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days
We appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant but sensible in your approach to dealing with this health concern.
*Per State guidelines, remote only students are allowed access to district athletic programs.