The HVRSD computer network is for the use of staff and students. An HVRSD network account is required to access district technology resources or to log on to a district computer. For visitors or for those wishing to use a personal technology device (laptop, mobile phone, etc.), a public wireless network is available for internet access.
Use of district technology resources are governed by HVRSD policies and guidelines found on the Technology Policies page.
Accounts and Passwords
Never share accounts/passwords and never use someone else's account. Always use a strong password (that is, a password that is not easily guessed and that has a variety of letters, numbers, and symbols) to protect your information.
- for logging on to district computers and accessing files stored on your network drive and other HVRSD drives (restricted drive, shared drive, etc.)
- for remote access
- network password is used for your district Google account
- for logging in to G-Suite apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- password: same as your network password. If you want to change your Google password, you can only do so by changing your network password from a district desktop or by requesting a password change from a district technology teacher or specialist.
- staff: for accessing student information system (lesson planner, grade book, staff webpage)
- students & parents: for logging in to OnCourse Connect
- password: completely separate from network/Google accounts
- Other systems (AimsWeb, Study Island, etc.) have their own usernames and passwords, separate from the systems mentioned above. If you forget your username or password, please contact the Help Desk or the designated administrator of that system for help.