Monday and Tuesday - Trial Run
During E-Learning Days 1 & 2, make sure you can do the following:
- Connect to the internet. Need Help?
- Access/set up Google Meet/Hangout. Need Help?
- Access assignments in grades 6-12 using OnCourse Classroom. Need Help?
- Students in grades 3-5 can access ClassLink. Need Help?
- Complete E-Learning assignments Days 1 & 2
Other Important Information
- Internet access: The district is working to assist families who may not have access to computers or internet service at home. If you or anyone you know lacks internet access, please contact your school principal immediately. Comcast /Xfinity and Verizon provide low-cost internet options.
- OnCourse access: OnCourse is our platform for digital learning for students in grades 6-12. We encourage all 6-12 parents to check and confirm they can access our OnCourse parent portal. Here is a resource for parents on how to access their OnCourse Connect account: 6-12 Parent Guide OnCourse Connect. If you experience any problems trying to access your OnCourse account, please email us at email@example.com or call 609-737-4000 ext. 2501.
- Need to contact someone? HVRSD Frequent Contacts
- Need Childcare during the closure? The Hopewell Valley YMCA will offer SCOPE for any parent who requires child care. Information is available here or call 609-737-3048.
- Help and Hope: I would like to remind you that our website has a Help and Hope link on our district website with mental health and suicide prevention resources. Our anonymous tip line is also available to alert us regarding any concerns you may have regarding a student. Please contact our tip line via telephone at 609-737-4000 x 8477 (TIPS) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For an emergency, please call 911.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we implement the full scale roll-out of remote learning. Our dedicated staff is doing their best to make sure that this will be a meaningful experience for all involved. This situation is evolving very quickly, and I am certain that we will be making adjustments over the course of our school closure.
Hopewell is an incredibly strong community, and I am confident that we will get through this together. If you have any questions, please reach out to me or any building principal.
Thomas A. Smith, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools