2017 Election News
The following terms will be open on the Hopewell Valley Regional Board of Education at the November 7, 2017 Annual School Election:
- Hopewell Township - (3) Three-Year Terms
The legal requirements to become a member of the Board of Education are as follows:
- He/she is a citizen of the United States of America.
- He/she must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for office.
- He/she is a registered voter in the district.
- He/she must be able to read and write.
- He/she has been a resident of Hopewell Township or Hopewell Borough for at least one (1) year preceding the date of the election.
- He/she must not be directly/indirectly interested in any contract with or claim against the Board.
- He/she is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1.
State law requires that all school-board nominating petitions for the November election must be delivered to the Mercer County Clerk by 4:00 pm on July 31, 2017, even though the clerk's operating hours extend past that time. School-board nominating petitions for the November election cannot be returned to the local school district office.
Location: Mercer County Clerk's Office Election Division, 209 S. Broad St., 2nd Floor, Room 202,
Trenton, NJ 08608
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Contact information: (609) 989-6494 or 6495
Nominating petitions are available for pickup at the Business Office of the Hopewell Valley Regional School District or through the Office of the Mercer County Clerk.